"Profitable Web Projects", "PWP" or "we" mean "Profitable Web Projects SL"
"Client" or "you" means the person or other legal entity that has requested or purchased any Services.
"Service" or "Services" means any services supplied or to be supplied by "PWP", including but not limited to the provision of digital marketing, web development, server management and hosting, and digital design services.
"Order" means the request for PWP to supply a service or services to the customer.
This agreement is made between PWP and the Customer:
These terms & conditions are intended to cover any and all Services provided by PWP and received by the Customer. This agreement contains the entire understanding between PWP and Customer with respect to the Services described in the Order and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written, between PWP and the Customer. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that its entire right relating to PWP Services are as set forth in this agreement.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, PWP agrees to provide the services specified in the Order. Subject to Customer's right to terminate this agreement in accordance to Section 4.2 of this agreement, PWP may expand or contract the scope of PWP's services by issuing an amended order communication to the Customer in advance of such change.
- For Website or Server Hosting Services, or other Product-based Services which are billed periodically (eg. Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, or any other period as agreed between PWP and the Customer), the initial term is stated in the Order ("Initial Term"). The Initial Term shall not commence until PWP accepts the Order from the Customer and until first payment as set out in the Order is made in full by the Customer for Services to be provided during the Initial Term.
- For Website or Server Hosting Services, or other Product-based Services which are billed periodically (eg. Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, or any other period as agreed between PWP and the Customer), unless terminated by PWP or in accordance with Section 4.2 of this Agreement will automatically renew for successive terms of equal length to the Initial Term at the same rate and discounts as the initial term unless varied in accordance with Section 20 of this agreement, or by prior communication by PWP to the Client.
The Customer agrees to pay PWP, without limitation, for the Services it uses. PWP reserves the right to charge the Customer standard hourly rates, to cover the resolution of excessive or unusual problems or complaints.
- Invoices - Invoices are emailed to the current billing email address. Clients are fully responsible to ensure payment of all amounts due are paid on time independently of receiving invoice or billing notifications by email from PWP.
- Cancellation Policy - In order to cancel a Service contract the Customer must notify PWP via email before the next renewal period begins. If a service is cancelled during a renewal period, no partial refunds or credits will be given. All payments to PWP are final and non-refundable.
- Overdue payments - Invoices are due as per the date shown on the invoice. PWP reserves the right to withhold and withdraw services from Customers who have Overdue, unpaid Invoices. Where PWP is storing data of any kind for the Customer, data may be deleted without further notice 2 weeks after notification of Overdue Invoice(s) unless alternative arrangements are made with PWP. At PWP's discretion we may refer overdue payments to our debt collections agency, and in that event an administration charge will be added to the outstanding amount. The value of the administration charge is discretionary, but would be a minimum of 25% of the overdue amount.
Purchase Tax - Purchase Tax - Purchase Tax also known as Value Added Tax (VAT) or IVA is not included within the prices advertised but will be charged by default when you buy in Euros on our Spanish pages.
If your business is registered outside of the European Union or is registered for VAT within the European Union but outside Spain and you provide us with a valid European Union VAT registration number we will refund any VAT charged and will not charge VAT on invoices to you.
VAT is not charged by default when you buy in pounds on our English language pages, however if you cannot provide a valid European VAT registration number or if your business is registered within Spain we will need to charge and you will need to pay VAT separately at the prevailing rate in Spain. Currently (21st January 2014) this is 21%.
- Customers shall at all times comply with and procure that their clients and/or users comply with the terms of the current version of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Hardware - PWP's data centre supplier is responsible for the replacement of any hardware components that fail. This includes chassis, PSU, disks, memory and motherboard of the server. The Customer will not be charged for any failure or replacement of hardware. In the case of a hardware fault which results in a server failure PWP's supplier guarantees to replace the faulty hardware within 3 hours of isolating the cause of failure. All of our Servers use RAID disk configuration so in the event of a single disk failure no disruption to service should occur and the replacement would be carried out at a mutually convenient time.
- Connection - PWP's data centre supplier guarantees that all of our UK Servers are within a maximum of twenty milliseconds of 95% of UK residences. Triple redundant uplinks via physically diverse cables into the UK backbone are provided to ensure maximum connectivity uptime. Where the Server's connection is unmetered, we guarantee that the maximum divided by the contention will be available at all times (e.g. 2Mbps in the case of a 10Mbps connection with 5:1 contention). In general, the intention is that an unmetered connection's maximum burst is available at least 80% of the time, and a large contention pool is in place to ensure that.
- Network - PWP endeavours to provide the most reliable network infrastructure possible to its Customers. Our data centre supplier guarantees us that our network will be available 100% of the time, excluding scheduled maintenance, circumstances beyond reasonable control including but not limited to dDoS or other network attacks, upstream or 3rd party network outages, war, fire, flood, sabotage, labour disturbance, acts of government and breaking of this Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy.
- The Customer agrees that it may be necessary for PWP to Temporarily suspend Services for technical reasons or to maintain the PWP network, the equipment or any other facilities, the timing of which will be as determined by PWP.
- PWP may interrupt the Services at any time for any duration of time, without penalty or liability for any claim by the Customer, where necessary to prevent improper or unlawful use of PWP Services or network.
Compromised or Hacked Server or Hacked Hosting Account
- A compromised or "hacked" server or hosting account is a serious threat to our network. PWP, at its sole discretion, will take any and all measures to prevent a compromised server or hosting account from doing additional damage to its own systems and files or to the rest of the network. Determination that a server has been compromised: By the Customer - If you believe your system may have been hacked, immediately report the situation to PWP technical support. PWP will examine your system and may implement additional monitoring of your system. If a PWP System Administrator believes a server or hosting account on our network is compromised, PWP will: 1) disconnect the server from the network, 2) contact the client, and 3) provide evidence of the "hacking"
- If Customer breaches any of its obligations under this agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) then PWP may terminate this agreement at any time and without prior notice. Provided that Customer's account is in good standing, the violation of the agreement does not constitute a violation of law and we are not prevented from doing so by legal injunction we will provide you with all data previously stored in your hosting account or on your server. Our standard hourly rate will apply for time required to so do.
Limitation of Liability
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that neither PWP nor any of its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees or representatives will be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, or damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, loss of data, or loss of use) in connection with this agreement. If, despite the foregoing limitations, PWP or any of its shareholders, directors, officers, employees or representatives should become liable to Customer or any other person in connection with this agreement for ANY REASON, then the maximum aggregate liability of PWP, its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and representatives for all such things and to all such parties will be limited to the lesser of the actual amount of loss or damage suffered by the claimant or the amount payable by Customer to PWP for the current period of service under this agreement.
- Customer will indemnify and save harmless PWP and its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and representatives from and against all damages, losses, costs and expenses (including actual legal fees and costs), fines and liabilities incurred by or awarded, asserted or claimed against PWP or any of its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and representatives in connection with Customer's negligence, activities or omissions, or breaches of its obligations under this agreement, including claims brought by a person using or relying upon any advice given or publication produced and distributed by Customer.
- Customer acknowledges that it accepts all risk of any unauthorised or illegal use of the PWP network or any inter-connected network by third parties. PWP provides no warranties, makes no representations, and accepts no liability for the unauthorised or illegal access or interference with the Customer's server/network or hosting package unless such access or interference is caused by the intentional unlawful acts of PWP, its agents or employees.
- PWP assigns IP (Internet Protocol) addresses to Customers for their use. Customers have no right to use PWP IP addresses not assigned to them, to move IPs between different servers or account or in ways not permitted by PWP. PWP maintains ownership of all IP addresses that are assigned to Customers and reserves the right to change or remove them at its sole and absolute discretion. Typically, however, these changes are rare and made only at the request of RIPE & ARIN or an upstream provider. PLEASE NOTE: The allocation of IP addresses is restricted by the policies of RIPE & ARIN. These policies now dictate that name-based hosting MUST be used whenever possible. PWP reserves the right to periodically review IP address usage and revoke authorisation to use those IP addresses not being utilised or where name-based hosting could be used.
- If you, the Customer are a person or entity resident in Spain then this agreement will be governed by the law of Spain and you agree that any court action brought under this agreement shall be brought before the courts of Barcelona. If you are resident in any other country than Spain then this Agreement is governed by the law of England, and the Customer agrees that any court action brought under this agreement shall be brought in the jurisdiction of England. If any provision of this agreement is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision shall be deemed to be severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity or enforceability.
- 24 hour support (for applicable products) is provided via an on call facility. Normally this facility is available with immediate response but it may be necessary to leave a voicemail message which will receive a response as soon as is physically possible.
- We will scan e-mail and attachments passing through our servers for viruses. We will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on.
- We normally retain historic backups in a separate physical location from our production hosting servers. Where backup is offered as part of the specification of the hosting package this is the backup service provided. If you require restoration from backups or disaster recovery testing (recommended) this is charged at our prevailing hourly rates. For your own peace of mind you should retain an independent copy of all data stored on your server or in your hosting account. Guaranteed backups are not included as standard with any hosting package.
- Any work required of PWP under European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) or related European legislation or national legislation in Spain or United Kingdom, whether pursuant to a service delivery contract or not will be chargeable to our client who is responsible for the data at standard hourly rates unless explicitly stated otherwise.
We may change our prices from time to time for reasons such as inflation, exchange rate variations, market conditions, improvements to the service etc.
We will advise you in writing in good time of any price changes and price changes will never apply until renewal is due.
Special notes for Search Engine Optimisation products
- All products are for a minimum of 1 month or 1 execution cycle except for SERA-DIY-50 which is for a minimum of 3 months
- All products are stand alone except the SERA-SERP range which require SERA-SERP-LABOUR as explained.
- Within SERA we can store daily data for the most recent 90 days. Up to 270 days we store weekly data, after that we store monthly data. Beyond 5 years we store quarterly data.
- All the content of this website, and all other websites where the domain is registered to Profitable Web Projects SL: industrial designs, designs, text, photographs, graphics, videos, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, logos, icons, software and any other materials are protected around the world by the industrial property and intellectual rights of PROFITABLE WEB PROJECTS, S.L. or are used under licence. Their use and/or reproduction are therefore prohibited without the express consent of the Company. All rights reserved.
Last update 2018 June